<VV> 60 oil fill cap

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sat Jul 10 00:09:59 EDT 2010

At 07:03 AM 7/9/2010, Gary Swiatowy wrote:
>Here are a couple links to exactly what a 60 oil fill cap looks like.
>http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2306798480031448095TFKDnL
>
>http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2905682060031448095KRbGMi
>
>Plenty of detail pictures of a very original 60 here:
>http://rides.webshots.com/album/577940626oFZFSj?start=120
>
>Gary Swiatowy
>
>From: MarPack57 at aol.com
>Subject: <VV> 60 oil fill cap
>
>Anyone care to describe what an original should look like. Have two spotted
>and want to be sure. Not even sure if the one on my 60 is correct. Thanks.
>Ed in Fla

The cap in the photos don't look like the filler caps on either of
the '60s here... these caps are plain flat with a small dimple in the
center, but without the rib/step and larger dimple shown in the
photos above.  Both the '60 engines here are completely original and
one has never been touched other than tuneups and filters while the
other is the original engine out of my 4-door.   It has '62/'63 heads
but still has its original filler cap.

...of course this means little...

tony..