<VV> 1965 Monza 4-door on eBay

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Sat Jul 10 17:46:38 EDT 2010

Hmmm... What do you mean "that effort failed in that objective" ? You (and
the professional designers) don't think it's a good design ?

Good point that (I think) you are making, is that the 4-door de-emphasizes
the long tail that the coupe exhibits, which I think is also "cured" in the
convertible.

Unfortunately, the style of that period was the short tail and long nose of
front-engine cars especially of the "pony car" genre.

All Corvairs do a nice job of matching style and rear-engine design into a
beautiful car.

The most significant factor is that the Corvair was not a sports car or a
luxury model, yet was among, if not THE nicest looking car of the period,
notwithstanding being the "cheapest" American ECONOMY made car.

I think "understated" defines the Corvair quite nicely...

Early and late models are completely \different species, as GM intended, it
seems, and both beautiful in their own right !

In my opinion, of course.
Charlie