<VV> Bigger Squirt

Grant Young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 10 18:48:44 EDT 2010

<<I'm looking to increase the amount of "squirt" from my carbs. To do  so, 
before enlarging the pump orifices in the carb throat, I'd like to  first try 
an accelerator pump linkage adjustment.>>

Bending the rod won't do much. You can really only lengthen it and not much happens. (There is so much double meaning here is it not funny, but I shall push on). I think the best way is to drill a new hole for the rod about 3/8" up the lever arm. Then you have two choices, easy or not so easy to re-install the rod. The easy way is to cut a groove in it to accept a jesus clip (like the one on the other end of it) or horseshoe clip. The harder way is to cut off the end of the lever (with a Dremel saw) and reshape it to look like it did before the cut and use the original type clip. You will then have to straighten the rod slightly to realign the mark and get a longer stroke. If you don't want to cut or drill you can replace the pump arm with one from a 1960 carburetor for the same results.
The Carbmeister

More information about the VirtualVairs mailing list