<VV> generator

Rodney Spooner rodneyspooner at corvairgarage.com
Sat Jul 10 20:29:54 EDT 2010

If you're going to all that trouble and NOT restoring your '64 Corvair for
Concours d'Elegance, convert it from generator to alternator. You'll also
need to change the oil filter-generator adaptor to an alternator one.
Depending on which alternator you choose (internally regulated versus the
stock externally regulated one) will determine the conversion wiring. Lots
of info and tech help available. Your local Corvair club would be a good
place to start.

Sounds more complicated than it actually is but well worth the trouble for a
more reliable and enjoyable ride...especially if you want to upgrade your
sound system, add electric windows, etc...

The alternator can be polished or chromed, takes up less space thereby
cleaning up the engine compartment and gives it a more modern updated look.

Vairy truly yours,
Rodney
Riverside, CA

# # #

Dick and Gail Spiess wrote:

The generator on my 64 Spyder gave up the ghost yesterday.  Is Clarks the
best place to go and should I be looking for someone to Chrome the
replacement?

Dick

the property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org