<VV> Multiple Sclerosis fundraiser -- 200 mile bicycle ride :-O

angrycorvair at aol.com angrycorvair at aol.com
Tue Jul 13 23:02:51 EDT 2010

This weekend I'm bicycling 200 miles in a fundraising ride for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.   As many of you know, my older brother Frank was diagnosed with MS in 1994, so the fundraising portion of this event is very important to me.   In years past, I have titled my effort "You pay, I suffer!", because while I love biking, I only love it for a couple hours out of any given day.   Covering 100 miles in a day -- a day in the middle of July, no less -- will take me about 6 hours and 15 minutes.  I'm no Lance Armstrong, LOL.   And the only thing I love about it on the second day, when I've got to ride 100 miles to get back to where my car is parked, is climbing off the bike at the end of a grueling 6 hours and 45 minutes in the saddle.

This year, I don't have such a clever tag line for my fundraising effort.   A lot of us have been through a lot the last couple of years:   layoffs, job searches, career changes, foreclosures, bankruptcy, etc.   I know times are tough and if you're struggling to keep the lights on, then I vote for you to keep the lights on.   But if you've still got some money in the budget for charitable contributions this year, I ask that you consider contributing in my name to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society.  You can contribute by clicking on the "Donate To Patrick" button above the thermometer at the following link:

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/MIGBikeEvents?px=8449411&pg=personal&fr_id=12415

Also on that link, I've been posting updates on the condition of both man and machine as I train for this event.   I hope you find it an entertaining read.

Thanks,
PC

patrick aka AngryCorvair at AOL.com