<VV> '69 A/C Install (Here was the problem)

Taruffi57 at aol.com Taruffi57 at aol.com
Wed Jul 14 20:37:15 EDT 2010

After losing about 5 days progress chasing this issue, and after a long
chat with Mark Corbin last night, we finally realized that the Installation
Instructions I bought from Clark's were for CLARK'S kit - which uses a
different  Evaporator/Blower than the original Chevy components.  I am using LM
FACTORY Chevy parts except for the front-mount condenser and a Sanden
compressor  with Clark's 4 carb. mount.  That explains why there was not one word
about  cutting the bulkhead holes (2) for the Blower Assy.

In looking at Clarks' Specialty Catalog - A/C section, I found NO reference
 to the fact that IF you are using the OEM components, you will need the GM
 Dealer A/C instruction booklet - which Clark's sells over in their Main
catalog.  I'll wager that I am not the first to buy this manual thinking it
included how to use OEM parts.
While we all know that w/o Cal & Joan, we would be up s_ _t  creek, I think
a bold typed Notice on the first page of the Specialty/A/C  catalog would
make it clear to dummies like me that They need to buy X-Y-Z - if  they are
using Clark's A/C kit and A-B-C if they are using OEM  components.  Does Cal
read V V ?

Jim Houston was kind enough to donate to me the Chevy Dealer install
booklet.  The Clark's templates I had ordered are the same as what he also  sent
me.  Thanks, Jim.

So now, I'll try and locate all of the little "dimple" drill & cut  points
- and hope I don't end up with this thing cooling the trunk

Joe Dunlap
Cen. Florida  (bank sign read 104 here  today)