<VV> Late fuel guage

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Fri Jul 16 18:23:19 EDT 2010

It took four gallons before the gauge
started to come off empty,six gallons checks just a little shy of 1/4 tank. What

is the typical amount of fuel to get the gauge moving? Should I be content with
my numbers or is there something else I need to dig into? These readings would
put me at empty with about 80 miles of fuel left. Thanks for any help .
Pete Inman
65 Monza

All but 1960 tanks are14 gal.   And 9 gal. to refill when needle is on the E  is normal!

I always bend the  lat  part of the rod near the float DOWN....causes "E"  to mean 11-12 gallons needed.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://mysite.ncnetwork.net/reswr0kp/