<VV> (no subject)

Dennis Johnsey USN (ret) dilligras at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 17 14:22:57 EDT 2010

Here's a link to a "before and after" slideshow of the '62 Corvair van's engine compartment restoration, which is being done on behalf of the Texas Military Forces Museum, in Austin,Tx:
http://s152.photobucket.com/albums/s197/dilligras/?action=view&current=5771a2a9.pbw
I still have to hook up the carb linkages and tighten all the bolts and fasteners for the top shrouding and install the new coil.  The coil (from O'Reilley's) says to only use it with a resistor wire or external resistor , and I recall there being a woven cloth-looking insulated wire back by the coil, next to the wire that goes to the + terminal.  I'm thinking that might be the wire they mean.
My rinky-dink generator broke, so I can't do any more sanding for awhile; but there's plenty more to do on the interior, brakes, lights, and underpinnings.  Trying to chase down a few of the three sizes of flanged bolts for the shrouding, but no luck so far.
Carry on,Dennis'62 Custom van w/'66 110hp and powerglide "The Grey Ghost"