<VV> '62 Van camper resto

Dennis Johnsey USN (ret) dilligras at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 17 18:51:16 EDT 2010

"May I ask what this vehicle has to do with Military History?  Even in TeXas!! gg"

According to several semi-reliable sources (an ex-Air Force guy I shoot pool with and a veteran visitor to the museum), the Corvair FC was used by both the Air Force and the Navy as shop trucks.  Of course, we all know what liars Texans are, so caveat emptor, n'est-ce pas?  Why, one time I was leading a tour and I even had a group of old farts in wheelchairs try to tell me that they were in the P-38 squadron that shot down Yamamoto over Bouganville.
The only military connection with this particular van is that it's owner is a volunteer tour guide at the museum.  After the rust and painting is dealt with, it will be wrapped with Texas military forces insignia and images of the museum's exhibits (like the diorama with Davy Crockett swinging Ol' Betsy like a baseball bat in front of the Alamo) to promote the museum to the local public.
Maybe mount twin .30s in the sunroof, eh?
Dennis