<VV> EXHAUST - 140 Logs & Tubes?

Dale Dewald dkdewald at pasty.net
Sun Jul 18 23:05:54 EDT 2010

At 12:00 7/17/2010 -0400, tim colson wrote:

>i run 140 exhaust manifolds on all of my motors. all of them are 164 cu
>inch.   i use the smaller gaskets for better sealing. ( yes i have used /
>tried  both sizes ) >>snip<<

Tim, I assume that these are all engines with 95 & 110 heads and contain
more or less stock camshafts.  Apparently you have noticed at least a
qualitative improvement in performance.  You have also fitted dual
exhaust/mufflers to all these engines and have found that they run better
with about one size larger jet in the carburetors.

To the Rest of the Group:

1) Has anyone gone farther than installing 140 exhaust logs on a 95 or 110
hp engine?
2) Would there be "reasonable" benefit from installing 140 exhaust tubes in
a 110 head?
3) Does "freeing up" the exhaust side of the 110 head improve power at low
RPM, high RPM, both, or not at all?
4) What other parts should be considered with these exhaust modifications?

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI