<VV> 1967 Corvair Monza fuel pump

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sat Jul 24 10:18:23 EDT 2010

At 08:39 PM 7/23/2010, Charles Lee wrote:
>I know this is the right pump, since it was running fine, before
>sitting a while.
>
>Now, runs OK and it leaks a bit but the seals and surfaces look fine
>- not cracked, pinched or anything.
>
>It would seem that the seals could be replaced for less than $70 to
>buy everything else as a package

I bought a couple of fuel pump rebuild kits about 20 years ago at a
show, paid 13 bucks each for them iirc.   Last time I ever saw a
rebuild kit for a 'Vair pump.

Since then I've overhauled several myself by making gaskets and
reworking the valve block, either replacing bad valves, depending on
the pump or replacing the whole block itself.    I rescued several
valve blocks from bogus pumps I ran across... gaskets and diaphragms
were of course useless but the valve blocks were fine.

I have another bogus pump behind me as I speak that's likely gonna
get overhauled with the correct stuff as well.   It's never been used
and its gaskets are cracking just from sitting on the shelf.

tony..