<VV> Automotive lifts

shortle shortle556 at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 24 14:59:57 EDT 2010

My shop has 3 2 post lifts made my NAL (Nussbaum automotive lifts). These are lifts made in Germany and are fairly pricey. I purchased these from an auto repair shop that had gone out of business as well as a number of other pieces of equipment and inventory.They have been very reliable and are also very quiet when going up or down. I had 4 of these when I had a business in So Cal and they are still going strong after 20 years. My brother has 6 of these in his business in Santa Fe NM. But I know you can buy lifts fairly cheap these days. The only 4 post lifts I ever worked with were set up as "alinment" hoists. You could not remove wheels from the cars easily when on these lifts but were good for looking under the cars in a normal sitting position as in checking for suspension or exhaust noises.Though I use my lifts for working on my Corvairs it seems to be the most helpful by not having to bend over much as in doing brakes. Good luck with your decision.
Timothy Shortle in Durango Colorado