<VV> 1967 Corvair Monza fuel pump $70

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sat Jul 24 22:59:54 EDT 2010

At 04:49 AM 7/24/2010, Charles Lee wrote:
>Yes, it does seem to be that bottom gasket - is there a formula to
>match the right material to make a new one ?  I have three pumps
>that all leak from that same area, so it seems like the economical
>thing to do ?
>
>Thanks for all the input - I'll let you know if there's a way out
>for less than $70 !

Send me your address and I'll send you a piece of new correct
gasket/diaphragm material to make another bottom gasket.   Use the
old bottom gasket as a pattern.   I mark it out with a Sharpie, trim
with my Cutco shears and punch screw holes with a leather
press-punch.   It's glass fiber reinforced viton and will stand up to
just about anything you put in the tank.  I've been using it to fix
leaky pumps... part of the stuff I got from John Moody.   Not sure
where HE got this stuff but it looks identical in form to the
original diaphragm material, only stronger/better.

tony..