<VV> Lifts

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Sun Jul 25 19:30:43 EDT 2010

Back in 1988, when I bought my current home.
The biggest selling point to me was the fact it came with a 4 car workshop
which included a single post lift.
Yeah, the old hydraulic kind with arms coming out.
Think about it, if you are looking for a house, and find this, it's gold!
We were talking price with the realator before actually looking inside the
house!
The previous owner, paid about 5 grand to have that single post lift
installed in the garage, not counting what he had to do to re-arrange the
second floor attic of the garage to accommodate the lift.
You guys got it easy, all things considered.
Now you can get a dual post lift, used for about a grand.
I'm talking a Rotary here, at auction, you remove, from a dealer that goes
out of business.
2 years ago, I hooked up a couple friends of mine for $900 each for 2 lifts
that were 6 years old.
At another auction though, I saw them go for what they cost new installed,
go figure?
Are you willing to work?
Watch for car dealers going belly up.
Happens every day.