<VV> Stingers in Pittsburgh

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Sun Jul 25 22:46:55 EDT 2010

I just returned from Pittsburgh where I attended their annual  Vintage
Grand Prix (as a spectator).  As always it was great fun.  I saw two  Corvairs
in the antique car show that takes place around the track.  I saw  a red '64
convertible and a red/black '66 Corsa 140 convertible.  Yenko was  one of
the featured cars.  As you may know, Yenko Chevrolet was in  Canonsburg, PA
not far from Pittsburgh.  All the Yenko cars were displayed  under one tent.
I counted 5 Stingers!  They also had a memorial set  up to Donna Mae Mimms.
 She rated a two page write up in the program which  mentioned Corvairs.  A
separate write up in the program about Yenkos showed  a Stinger racing.
All in all a very nice week-end and a nice showing for  Corvairs at a
multi-marque show and racing event that attracts hordes of people  from all over.

~Bill Stanley