<VV> 1967 Corvair Monza - fuel pump "puffs" --> "blow up" damaging the pump ?

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Mon Jul 26 00:45:34 EDT 2010

At 04:05 PM 7/25/2010, Charles Lee wrote:
>Hmmm...
>
>Re:
>Now the fact that the fuel pump vent can "leak down" into the crankcase,

Well, it's not supposed to...  ;)   But that vent is still there to
allow a leak to exit the engine rather than fill it... you WILL
notice an external leak while an internal leak could go on for days
and you'd never see it.

>it makes me wonder if worn rings can "blow up" into the pump,
>damaging the pump diagram ?

Nope.   There's no connection between the crankcase and any of the
pump's diaphragms or gaskets.

tony..