<VV> Rusted Brake Lines - Was Hard Pedal, Poor Brakes

Byron Comp byron.comp at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 30 13:26:25 EDT 2010

My '97 Ford Explorer, which spent most of its life in Asheville, NC and now
resides in sunny/hot FL, had a brake line rust through just behind the rear axle
where it goes up and over the "punkin."  Making a repair in that area is only
difficult in that there is little excess pipe to work with to get at with a
flaring tool, and obviously not conducive at all to using a tool which requires
taking the pipes to the bench.  I'm also proud, but not of my double-flare kit.
;-()

Byron Comp
'65 Monza Vert
Gainesville, FL