<VV> Hard Pedal, poor brakes

sgang54 at aol.com sgang54 at aol.com
Sat Jul 31 12:06:40 EDT 2010

website with tech info on CuNiFer alloy brake lines:

http://www.copper.org/applications/automotive/hydraulic_brake_tube.html

It is a very corrosion resistant alloy of 90% Copper/10% Nickel commonly used in marine applications. Volvo pioneered its use in auto brake lines so you know it's safe. Thanks for this tip, Rick.

Steve Gangi
in the rusty Northeast

Message: 11
ate: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 18:36:51 -0500
rom: <ricknorris at suddenlink.net>
ubject: Re: <VV> Hard Pedal, poor brakes.
o: corvairduval at cox.net, virtualvairs at corvair.org
essage-ID: <20100730183651.PXO9A.558504.root at Web01>
ontent-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
As I stated in a previous email I use tubing from Fedhill that is cunifer. It
ends easily and flares easily. I will never use any crap from NAPA or the
thers again. I buy it in rolls. It isn't real hard to straighten it. I have a
ool that will roll it out perfectly straight but it was expensive.
-
ick Norris
36 Sunoco Corvair
ww.corvairalley.com
---- "corvairduval at cox.net" <corvairduval at cox.net> wrote:
 Does anybody have any experience with using Cunifer type brake tubing?

 There have been articles in Skinned Knucles magazine extoling their virtue.

 Pros are easy to bend by hand and will not rust out. What are the cons?

 www.brakequip.com/pdf/ezibend_2.pdf

 http://store.fedhillusa.com/?gclid=CNCJiIC8k6MCFQiD5QodzVaMrA

 And yes, my 94 Caprice failed against the frame behind the "B" pillar.

 Frank DuVal