<VV> A Greenbrier Recruit

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Tue Jun 1 12:23:05 EDT 2010

In a message dated 6/1/2010 9:39:46 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
cmdoptesc.pwnt at gmail.com writes:

87  Unleaded with a dash of
two-stroke, or will just regular pump  gasoline
suffice?

Congratulations on joining the FC club.  Welcome.  And  thanks for saving
one more.

89 Octane for the low compression engines and at least 91 for the high
compression engines (I prefer 93 when I can get it).  Don't skimp on  fuel.
Corvairs are very economical to operate, but they do require more  than 87
octane fuel.  (Some will undoubtedly disagree, but the  Corvair's air cooled
engine will be happiest on the octanes on which the  engineers designed it to
run.

Bob Hall
Group Corvair
Corvanatics