<VV> strange engine sound (pinging?)

Ray R. (aka Grymm) vairguy at echoes.net
Wed Jun 2 08:05:40 EDT 2010

Alternator is a fresh rebuild but that doesnt mean it cant be the source of
the whistle.  On the other hand I can't see where the whistle would be
dependent on throttle position and load if it were an alternator bearing..
would it?

If it's a ping its a very light ping, the lightest I've ever heard by far.
Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA
CORSA member
66' Corsa 140/4 coupe
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe (under construction and almost done!)