<VV> Fuel Pump Return Needle?

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 2 11:37:52 EDT 2010

                                          B"H

Hi all, hope everyone had a great Memorial Day.  I pulled the carbs off my car because she's still idling a bit rough.  Found lots of crud in the bowls, disassembled both carbs, cleaned them and re-assembled.  She's a 1969 110 PG car with the smog stuff removed.

One carb seems to be missing the little brass needle that the shop manual calls the "pump return needle."  In my ADHD-fueld passion to empty the bowls of the crud, I emptied them by turning them upside down.  It's possible that the needle, which just sits there in its hole, may have fallen out, but I couldn't find it on the ground.  Hmmm....the second carb had one, so the first one must need it also.

Anyway, I have a new one from Clarks, but I'm wondering if anyone knows what this little brass thingy does?  Could it cause a rough idle?

Other than that, the car drives perfectly.

I'm still working on documenting my water injection system, it's taking forever since my free time is limited, as is my access to the computer.  I'm making what will hopefully be a 10-minute video with a slide show and some footage of the car actually running with the system.

Regards and thanks guys...Bill Hershkowitz 69 Monza Coupe 110 PG