<VV> early model engine removal question (and some humor)

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 2 12:05:03 EDT 2010

Gee, I've found the opposite to be the truth. I'd rather have to mess with
the half-shafts and transverse struts on a LM than have to pull the tires
and axles out of an EM. On those, the parts are sometimes frozen with rust,
and you have to beat them out with a BFH. No such Mr. Brutewrench needed on
a LM. Then there's that Gawd-awful permeter seal on the EM. Don't get me
started on that monsterous little abortion! A LM permeter seal is a snap by
comparison.

Now if you just want to lop off the EM axles with a hotwrench and boxcutter
the peremeter seals (as a junkyard would do) then yes, the EM drivetrain is
easier to remove. (G)

-Mark