<VV> Rust Proofing

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Thu Jun 3 11:48:25 EDT 2010

Smitty says:  I won't condem anyone's effort at rustproofing.  My personal
thoughts are keep it dry as much as possible.  My Brother in Law bought a
new car back in the 80s and delivered it to Ziebart directly from the
showroom.  Several years later (6 or 8)  the plastic plugs they had
installed in the rocker panels developed rust around them.  Another couple
of years and the plugs fell out of the rusty holes.  (the holes rusted
away).  Shortly after that the rockers rusted out in places.  Maybe just a
lousy local business, but it happened.