<VV> Slushbox? Slower?

Robert Marlow vairtec at optonline.net
Sat Jun 5 14:09:34 EDT 2010

A listmember wrote:

>  and manual tranny cars are a lot quicker!

Not true!

In my high school years, back when Corvairs were essentially new, a
friend, driving a 1965 Monza with a 110-stick, and I, driving a 1966
Monza with a 110-PG, by coincdence met up at a traffic light one
evening.  Without any conversation or deliberation, when the light
turned green we took off!  An impromptu drag race.

The two cars were absolutely neck-and-neck... until he had to make
the 1-2 shift.  Than put me half a length ahead.  When he had to make
the 2-3 shift, I gained the rest of the car length, and won the race
to the next light.

I gained a respect for the PG that night.

--Bob Marlow
(Today I own two PG Corvairs and two manual-shift Corvairs)

Robert W. Marlow
Vairtec at optonline.net