<VV> 62 olds auto 2sp same a vair auto?

frankcb at aol.com frankcb at aol.com
Sun Jun 6 14:12:08 EDT 2010

Ken,
It got even "trickier" when they added a turbo with built-in water injection that fed the sidedraft carb with "Olds Turbo Rocket Fluid".? That model was called the JetFire, but unfortunately was sold to too many people?who couldn't remember to replenish the "fluid" and the system was a bit too?sophisticated for both the mechanics and the general public to maintain.
I remember going to an Olds dealer parts dept and trying to get a rebuild kit for the Jetfire single barrel sidedraft carb.? I was told that Olds never made a car the had only a?SINGLE barrel carb.? Unfortunately, I didn't have the Olds shop manual at the time to convince him of the "error of his ways".
Regrettably, the late,?great Olds division was well ahead of its time.
Frank Burkhard?