<VV> electronic ignition

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Jun 6 16:59:47 EDT 2010

In a message dated 6/6/2010 10:51:43 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
akacube at aol.com writes:

Help! I am installing an electronic ignition that I just  received without
instructions. I need help in the wiring of the backplate  module that
replaces the points. There are two wires from the module one red  one black, do
both go onto the negative side of the coil? Also it came with a  spacer does
this go on top of this backplate and then the dust cover over it?  Please, if
anyone knows HELP!
Thanks,
Abe  Arias

Without knowing the brand, it would be hard for us to offer much help.
Usually, the red wire goes to the side of the coil that the power lead from the
 ignition switch goes. The black lead replaces the points closed lead on
the  other side of the coil. You won't need, and probably won't be able to
use, the  dust cover inside the cap.  You may also need to adjust something
inside the cap, such as the distance between the cam or rotor and the pickup.
If  you can find anything that mentions the brand name of the unit, we may
be able  to help with instructions.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair,  Camaro, Corvette

San Jose, CA