<VV> Leaky Fuel Pump?

Mikeamauro at aol.com Mikeamauro at aol.com
Sun Jun 6 22:49:45 EDT 2010

"...Hi guys...has anyone been able to fix a fuel pump that keeps
leaking?..."

Hey Bill... of my three Corvairs, with the two cars I've had good luck by
installing Time-Certs into the body of the pump. This allows one to apply
strong, even tightening of the perimeter screws.

With the Greenbrier, however, for whatever reason (perhaps more heat than
cars), no number of new pumps (all brands of pumps, with thread inserts
added)  would prevent eventual weeping and then leaking... the inside of the van
smelled  perpetually of gasoline. An electric fuel pump solved the problem.
For anyone  interested, see wiring & parts list at:
http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2401806580037639846PnUVPH

Mike Mauro
64 Spyder
67 110, PG, Factory Air Coupe