<VV> PG or 4 Speed

rbuckridge at comcast.net rbuckridge at comcast.net
Sun Jun 6 22:55:52 EDT 2010

As far as I'm concerned, changing a PG car over to a stick car is an easy swap, especially if you have a parts car. Sure it is harder to do from just a stack of pieces, but still an easy swap.

Driving a stick is 90% fun and only 10% work, even in traffic.

Once you learn how to drive stick, you really don't think about it because it becomes  a natural feel. Driving V8 stick cars does require a little more attention in my opinion, but that is only because of the torque the V8 cars offer, so you can forget what gear you are in, but that's not a big deal.

One of the EASIEST vehicles to drive stick is my old Toyota pickup with 200+K miles on it. I told my grandson, if you can't drive this one, you just can't drive stick. He hopped in it and had NO PROBLEMS the FIRST time ever driving a stick.

Actually the new Corvettes I found to be  about one of the hardest cars to drive with the manual transmission and it's all because of the massive amounts of torque from the motor, so you do need to pay attention to what gear you are in at the time.

But then again, we're talking about driving here. Driving, not talking on the phone, listening to the radio, sipping water or eating, just driving.

As long as my old knees hold out and I'm pushing 67, I'll drive a stick.

Roy in Bayville, pushing in that clutch.