<VV> Rated PG - Further opinions

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Mon Jun 7 01:11:29 EDT 2010

In a message dated 6/6/2010 2:42:00 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
airvair at earthlink.net writes:

Or were  you referring just to the Corvair Powerglide? If so, you are right,
to an  extent, considering that its competition (Ford and Chrysler) never
offered  an automatic with less than three speeds, even on their cheapest
cars.

Too much GM only time, Mark!

Ford-o-Matic - 2-speed - on others and the Falcon.
Powerflite - Chryslers 2-speed automatic, used through 1961.

PS - I was comparing the Corvair PG to today's "High Tech" Automatics. Hey
- I have a 110 PG Monza. I like Powerglides. They just aren't for
performance  driving.

Seth  Emerson

C's the Day! - Corvair,  Camaro, Corvette

San Jose, CA