<VV> Will the Real "Oldest Corvair" please stand up?

peter koehler pkoehler01 at atlanticbb.net
Wed Jun 9 21:36:21 EDT 2010

Okay. I did go over to the Corvair Center and read the
posts of someone claiming to have found and purchased the
Oldest Corvair - even older than the one that I am working
on (W100375). I hope this guy Mel has been able to close
the deal and get the car. His original post only gives a
partial VIN. If the car does exist and he is able to buy
it, then great for him! I wish he would tell us the full
VIN. If he has W1002xx, then his car is hours older than
W100375. But hey! Hours and minutes count when you want to
claim the oldest of something.

I hope this whole thing isn't an Internet hoax. The reason
that I got back engaged in trying to buy #375 was because
someone reported on the Corvair Center Forum that they
spoke to the guy in Indiana who was selling #375. I found
out that could not have happened as the guy suffered a
heart attack and died last year. Sooooo, until Mr. Mel
tells us the entire VIN of his 1960, my 1960 is still the
oldest Corvair in the World. But please, keep looking for
Horn Slot '60's. Try to find one with VIN W1001xx. You
could be the hero! - Caveman Pete