<VV> GM dropping CHEVY

Mark Corbin airvair at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 10 13:56:08 EDT 2010

And the people at Olds were so afraid of the name "Oldsmobile" that they
stripped it off the Aurora. For that matter, they even cut the Olds emblem
off the car. And you see what happened to them.

Just be glad the standard-issue LM Corvair has a bowtie on it. Also, my
optional wire wheel covers have "Chevrolet" on the hub. So you just didn't
have the right option..... (G)

BTW, some EM's and FC's had the Chevrolet nameplate on them.

-Mark

they need to worry about what people call them, but not worry if people
call them Chevy!

> Also, why doesn't "Chevrolet"  appear on my 65 Corvair?  The bowtie is on
the front trim, Corvair and Monza is on it, but not Chevrolet.