<VV> GM dropping CHEVY

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sat Jun 12 08:47:47 EDT 2010

At 03:28 AM 6/12/2010, RoboMan91324 at aol.com wrote:
>Mark,
>
>Great way to express your very marginally correct opinion and cut off
>further comment.  It seems that you have continued your tendency of telling
>people what they may and may not say here.
>
>By the way, when the government fires those executives who do not follow
>their orders/policies and replaces them with those who do, they ARE running
>the  company.
>
>Doc
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
>In a message dated 6/11/2010 4:33:55 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
>virtualvairs-request at corvair.org writes:
>
>Message:  5
>Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 14:09:34 -0400
>From: "Mark Corbin"  <airvair at earthlink.net>
>Subject: Re: <VV> GM dropping  CHEVY
>To: "Bill H." <gojoe283 at yahoo.com>,  virtualvairs at corvair.org
>
>First off, the government did NOT take over the  running of GM. Ownership
>(partial), but the GM executives are STILL making the  decisions.
>
>Second, any further comments that are political should go to  VVtalk.
>
>-Mark

Yesterday, I saw a Chevrolet commercial on TV which mentioned the
word "Chevy" seven times and in written text on the screen twice.

Does GM have its own in-house promotions department and/or ad
agency?   And if not, don't they still have the final say on what
airs and what does not?

Does GM know there are a LOT of vehicles that they produced running
around with badges that say "Chevy" on them?
( one example )  http://4door.com/images/chevy/car/1962_Chevy_ChevyII_Car.jpg
( another one
)
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/12/2009/09/500x_78ChevyVan-EmblemFender-500px.jpg

Does GM's left hand know what its right hand is doing?

Does GM actually realize there's no way they're ever gonna stop
people from saying "Chevy"?

Is GM being managed by pompous asses?

tony..