<VV> Couple of A/C questions - limited Corvair

Harry Yarnell hyarnell1 at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 16 11:41:22 EDT 2010

The oil 'floats' with the Freon, sorta like a two cycle engine 'floats' its
oil. There is no sump.
If the book says put an ounce in the compressor and accumulator each, that's
it. Not familiar with the Chrysler systems; I'm used to 4 oz. in the GM
stuff.
Can't help on the flavor of oil, but it's got to be PAG oil. Try to find
some with dye in it, or add some. Sure helps later looking for leaks.
Try replacing a compressor on a Northstar. Fun.
Makes replacing a compressor on a Corvair a joy...

Harry Yarnell
Perryman Garage and Orphanage
hyarnell1 at earthlink.net