<VV> Advice - cleaning solution for suspension before paint

Taruffi57 at aol.com Taruffi57 at aol.com
Wed Jun 16 19:57:38 EDT 2010

As some of you know, I just had my '69 coupe painted, and my painter
(in)conveniently got overspray on just about everything.  Now, I was going  to
clean and undercoat the wheelwells anyway, but I had already cleaned, primed
and painted most everything else under the car some time ago.  I now have
to do a lot of that over.  I will pressure wash everything, but where there
is grease on the joints, etc. pressure washing isn't going to get it to a
paintably(?) clean surface.  Any tips on a cleaning solution that I can use
with various scrub brushes would be welcomed.  My pressure washer is water
only as I lost the cleaner tank yrs. ago.

Incidentally, that little Honda engined unit was bought yrs. ago for my
business, and sits - sometimes for a year or more, w/o being cranked.  I  HAVE
changed the oil a couple of times, but not much else, and it never fails to
 start - with old gas, on either the first or second pull.  You can't kill
the thing.

Joe Dunlap
Florida
2 Corvairs