<VV> A/C Hose Question

Geoffrey Johnson geoffj at unm.edu
Fri Jun 18 21:23:54 EDT 2010

I asked a few questions back in Dececmber about setting up the AC in my
'65 monza.   It was a few months from running at the time.   It is now a
good daily driver and running very well.   It is past the time I need to
get the AC working in it.   So my question is what to do about hoses?
That is the last step - everything else is in place and wired.
Everything will basically be stock parts except it has a '66 condenser and
a Sanden compressor.   What do I do for hoses and fittings?   Does the
condenser get modified somehow to use modern crimp fittings? Should it?
My friend suggested brazing O-ring style fittings on?    Same with
the hard lines running to the front.  Clarks
supllies kits based off of what parts you are using, but will that work?
Will the fittings be ideal?   This remains a mystery to me.
Is there a better route?

Thanks
Geoff
Albuquerque NM