<VV> Hemmings' Classic Car, now unrelated, but funny!

Wildman, Kenneth k-wildman at ONU.EDU
Sat Jun 19 16:51:27 EDT 2010

A friend just sent me a decal to put on the little door covering the
fuel filler on my motor home.  It just says "CAT Food" with the
Caterpillar logo.   :)

Penny laughed that I put it on the coach before I read the rest of my
mail.

Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-bounces at corvair.org] On Behalf Of Vairtec
Corporation
Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2010 2:53 PM
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Hemmings' Classic Car, now unrelated, but funny!

Lawrence Jahn wrote:
> The front cover of the August edition of Clasic Cat features Jay Leno

Of course, we all recognize that Mr Jahn made a typo with "cat" instead
of "car," something we all have done.

But it reminded me of a full-page ad in a newspaper around here,
probably 20 years ago, promoting a monster truck event.  The ad listed
all the big-name trucks that would be there (y'know, the BigFoot and
Gravedigger genre) and then included a headline in HUGE type, hyping the

fact that there would be a car-crushing contest.  It read, again in HUGE

type:

PLUS!  CAT CRUSHERS!

I thought it was a riot, but it nearly caused one, thanks to outraged
animal lovers.  The ad had to be reprinted in its entirely in a
subsequent issue, with the word "cat" changed to "car."

Note, I am myself an animal lover, but I have a sense of humor.  I knew
that the ad was an error, not a plan to drop a monster truck on kitty.

--Bob Marlow

are the property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/