<VV> Involving Youth in Corvairs

Ray R. (aka Grymm) vairguy at echoes.net
Sun Jun 20 21:28:03 EDT 2010

16 YO with a 66' Corsa and a vair' wagon!!!!  Man am I jealous....  wish I
grew up in a Corvair household.  I had (some) benefit being the son of a top
auto tech instructor... though he retired before I reached driving age and
we always butted heads too much for me to learn very much from him! (we are
way too much alike!).  Dad has been a big help with some aspects of Corvair
repair (mostly electrical).... but he grumbles like heck.. and walks away if
he can... from anything that has been modified... and I'm a modified kinda
guy!

"Dad my cars not running right.. any advice?".... "Yeah, you shouldn't have
screwed it up with all those modifications."

Dear dad also doesn't approve of my wanting to keep more than one Vair' at a
time... and who can own just one corvair?!?!

The way I see it my bare minimum is a late and an early... plus my girl
wants a late (she is getting the 63' for now and the 65' when its ready)....
plus she wants a wagon...  but then I'd like to build a wild custom... and
get a vert.... but who can choose between an early vert or a late so I'll
need one of each.... and those Rampies are pretty darn cute and could haul
parts for the others... and a Corvan would make a great camper for going to
CORSA conventions and such...

LOL happy fathers day!

PS- talk at me about Corvairs towing Corvairs.....  I need a way to get
non-running cars home without renting or borrowing... but I don't want to
have to buy a non-corvair vehicle... (what a waste of money that would be!)
Also if I ever DID get a Corvan for a camper... there is no way I'd go to
the convention without one of my cars I dont think.. not if I could  help
it....

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez III
Lake Ariel, PA
CORSA member
66' Corsa 140/4 coupe
65' Corsa 140/4 coupe (under construction and almost done!)
63' Monza PG coupe (next project)