<VV> '66 shoulder belts

vpersh at netzero.com vpersh at netzero.com
Tue Jun 22 15:16:31 EDT 2010

Here's a picture that may (or may not) help. http://www.persh.org/images/Corvairs/Seatbelt8.JPG
When I installed three-point belts in my '66 there was no anchor point that was suitable for the after-market belts I was installing so I created my own. The factory anchor point was further back (see my finger in the picture) and the bolt diameter was much smaller that I thought it should have been for a seat belt. I don't remember the exact size of the bolt that it takes but it was somewhere in the 5/16 to 3/8 diameter range. The two points (one on each side of the car) were all there was in the roof area my body. Here a link to the details on what I did for seatbealts: http://www.persh.org/Corvairs/seatbelts.htm

Like I say, I don't know if that put you any closer to where you need to be but I hope it helps.

Van