<VV> Special wheel CENTER FIT

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sun Jun 27 20:52:55 EDT 2010

At 02:46 PM 6/27/2010, Matt Nall wrote:

>What about all those aftermarket aluminum wheels out there that had
>NO center hub support at all?
>Cragar wheels come to mind, also Keystones and ET alloys.   None of
>these wheels had any center hub fit.   They never seemed to be any
>trouble at all, including those 4-lug ET wheels that ended up on
>early 'Vairs.
>tony..
>
>===================================
>
>   You save your $$$... you take your chances....
>
>ignorance is bliss???  LOL! [ grin]
>

>Matt Nall

Remember:    Those Cragar SS wheels (along with the others) ARE DOT
approved.   Nobody was taking any chances using those wheels.   And
who the Hell ever thought that buying a set of Cragar SS wheels would
SAVE you money over the factory steel stampings?

Explain to me like I was 12 how running Cragar SS wheels would "save"
me money by "taking a chance".

I ran Cragar SS wheels on my musclecar for a decade and never had a
minute's trouble out of them, and neither did anyone else I ever knew
who ran them.   ;)   That included countless 450hp holeshots with 12"
wide tires on the back and the wheels never complained nor did I ever
break a stud.

tony..