<VV> Press coverage NOW sort of humor

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Mon Jun 28 09:22:46 EDT 2010

Yes Mark, the press has its own ideas about what should be reported and how it should spin.  What's with that??  Just human nature.  People tend to believe the first information on any subject is correct and subsequent info is to be discounted.  Take the current discussion on wheels.  Never mind there has possibly been more vehicles built with wheels that do not fit close to the hub than do.  Now it is even down to the number of bolts ... Ok if there is 5 but not 4 ... So what about those that have 3 and do not fit the hub?  Smokey Unick ran a race car with 3 bolts until NASCAR realized he could change the wheels faster than everyone else.  Oh well, maybe the difference is odd number OK, even, not :-)
Ken P

************************
airvair at earthlink.net wrote:

You hit the nail on the head! Problem is, all the general media wants is to
continue to attach Ralphie's name to the Corvair, instead of reporting the
REAL story, which is how much fun we're having with our cars. It's like the
Corvair isn't interesting unless it's connected to a long-discredited lie.
What's with that??

And as long as the public is continually reminded of that, we're going to
have an uphill battle to promote the car to new owners (and potential CORSA
members), not to mention increasing the value of our Corvair assets. THAT
is why I keep harping on NOT talking to the press in regards to Ralphie,
except to remind them that 1) his story was discredited decades ago, and
most importantly 2) he's NOT the real story. They're best not to even bring
his name up.

The public WILL forget him, if only the media lets them. We MUST impress
upon the media to forget him, and cover the REAL story, US, not him.

-Mark