<VV> Weight of a V-8 Corvair side window mechanisms ?

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProper.com
Mon Jun 28 15:32:55 EDT 2010

Just curious, but why would the side windows, with mechanisms, have to go ?
How much could they possibly weigh that would make that much of a difference
?

Is this for drag or drive ?

Charlie

----- Original Message -----
From: "paulsiano at aol.com" <paulsiano at yahoo.com>
To: "V-8 Vairs" <v8vairs at corvair.org>; "Virtual Vairs"
<virtualvairs at corvair.org>
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2010 12:02 PM
Subject: <VV> Weight of a V-8 Corvair

I had my car weighed today. (Crown, aluminum Chevy SB, Corvair transaxle)

2560 lbs. with 1/2 tank of gas Front: 1120 Rear: 1440

works out to be 45% front 55% rear (w/o driver)

How do these numbers compare to others who have had their car weighed?

Does anybody know about how much the side windows, with mechanizms, weigh?
(they might have to go)

Paul youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSt7WUCCDxs

the property
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org