<VV> Electric fuel pump

jimster1 jimster1 at earthlink.net
Tue Jun 29 12:22:19 EDT 2010

Peter,
I solved the problem that you describe in the following manner.  First the
three prong oil pressure switch to provide power to the pump only when the
engine is running.  In order to fill the carbs before oil pressure, I wired
the pressure switch to activate a normal SPDT 12V Bosch automotive relay.  I
wired 12V from the starter solenoid through the normally closed contact so
that the pump will run as soon as the engine cranks.  The normally open
contact gets 12V from the ignition switch.  No need for a manual prime
button as others have done.  One more safety item, an impact switch in
series with the pump feed to shut off the pump in case of an impact (crash).
Jim