<VV> Hub-centric wheel - no one seems to have mentioned centering

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Tue Jun 29 14:03:10 EDT 2010

In a message dated 6/29/2010 10:35:35 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
nicolcs at aol.com writes:

Regarding what I call "diaphragm centering", our stock wheels actually
clamp
to the hub. As the lug nuts are tightened after running them down,  the
center of the steel wheel flexes and closes as it is drawn down to the  hub.
When all is working correctly, this closing action snugs the center  hole to
the hub -  a very secure arrangement that centers the wheel  nicely and
takes
all the shear loads off the wheel studs.

Craig  Nicol

Craig,

Much obliged.  Guess I don't have to worry about a "gap" not carrying  a
load anymore.

Bob Hall
20 fully centered wheels