<VV> protecting Corvair worth

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Mon Mar 1 13:23:41 EST 2010

It was amazing.  I listed it on ebay and got mails screaming at me
that Corvairs "are not gold" and that I was in fantasy land and so
forth.  Same with my listing on corvair.org (corsa).

The nice part about "stock" is that of you can't see it ... it is
OK.  So the vitons are OK.  Second thing about stock is that anything
readily changed back to stock is OK, like oil, tires, filters (I use
correct 62 NOS filters on my cars), and even Petronix.  You have to
pick what you like and go with it, I tend to change a few things for
safety and reliability, and that is all.  The extra wire on the
Petronix is hard to hide and bugs me, but I paint it black to hide it
:-)  Switching all of that back is less than a days work.  I have one
non-stock too, and that is fun (Judson supercharger on it).  E

At 08:52 PM 2/26/2010, you wrote:
>Eric,
>      You actually got "hate mail" for selling your Corvair for MORE
> than the mail senders thought it was worth??  Amazing!  You should
> have gotten congratulations!   I also hope you removed the Viton O
> rings and all traces of synthetic oil as well as the radial tires,
> non-Delco oil filter and anything else that was at all different
> from factory stock.
>      Frank Burkhard
>
>In a message dated 02/26/10 15:50:51 Eastern Standard Time,
>flash at vicsmba.com writes:
>We may not like it,
>nor like the higher prices (and I got a lot of hate mail about the
>price I sold the Spyder for) -- but that is reality.

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(928) 301-7537                           Cell

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!    http://www.vicsmba.com

Fun personal pictures:  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and
more.  http://www.vicsmba.com/ourpics/index.html

However, most new pictures are on Facebook.