<VV> Tinkering-Engineering same thing

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Tue Mar 2 01:42:00 EST 2010

Isn't figuring out what to do known as tinkering? It is to my
engineering background!

Most of my engineering life has been tinkering. What's the fun in over
analyzing something to death. Jump in and use your knowledge from past
experiences.

Edison was the master tinkerer. You think he found the tungsten filament
from a formula? And found it on his first try of making a filament?

This is worse than the early vs late discussion.

I'm going back out to find a Corvair to tinker on....

Now does engineering call for hot or cold valve adjustment. I know,
engineering would do it cold, as it applies to manufacturing. Tinkerers
would do it hot because it is more fun and allows one to find collapsed
lifters on a used engine.

Frank DuVal