<VV> steering options

Kent Sullivan kentsu at corvairkid.com
Tue Mar 2 02:26:12 EST 2010

Mark and all,

I installed a '67 column in my '66 500 coupe, as many of you know. I
carefully looked through the '67 assembly manual and through the compilation
of service bulletins that Clark's offers, and I remember that there was a
follow-up bulletin with specific procedures that need to be followed in
order to not induce premature failure of the joint in the '67 column. I
don't have that reference material here with me in the house, so I don't
have the specifics at hand.

Point being though that the '67-9 column is a bit trickier to get installed
correctly. Not impossible at all, but requires that a specific procedure be
followed lest something bad happen down the road. So if a person were used
to working with '66 and earlier columns, they should be aware of this.

--Kent