<VV> EM Wheels question

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Mar 3 09:35:36 EST 2010

Short answer:

The earlies use the 4 on a 4.5" bolt pattern, *not* the late model 5 on 4 3/4" Chevy RWD pattern.  Datsun and Toyota RWD cars from the 70's and 80's use this same pattern.  The Datsun Z 14"x6" wheels will work, but they are a little outboard of ideal.  Toyota AE86 Corolla wheels are better.  Do not modify the car to use 5 lug Chevy wheels unless you are *very* certain that's your best option (it usually isn't).

Long answer:

http://autoxer.skiblack.com/tires.html

--Bryan

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
  Corvairs: '62 700 Wagon, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa