<VV> Banquet alternative

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Wed Mar 3 13:57:00 EST 2010

Hi folks,

With all the hassle and expense of setting up a banquet, we're trying something a little different for the year's Virginia Vair Fair.  Rather than the usual catered meal, we're providing a list of nearby restaurants in several price ranges, and then we'll have cake and coffee back at the hotel after dinner (8 p.m.) to present the awards.  I'm wondering:

 - Does this sound more appealing than a conventional banquet?
 - Have you been to an event where they did this and did you like it?
 - If you've set up something like this, how did it work out?
 - Any major pitfalls?

Thanks for any comments!  You can see the schedule at http://www.vairfair.com/

--Bryan

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
http://autoxer.skiblack.com/
  Corvairs: '62 700 Wagon, '64 Greenbrier, '65 Corsa, '66 Corsa