<VV> Help with gas tank

Jamie & Tanya Reinhart jtreinhart at omnitelcom.com
Thu Mar 4 07:37:49 EST 2010

All, I need you help with a gas tank problem. After I got the 61 Loadside running last fall and had driven it a few hundred miles the tank started to leak. I ran the truck until the tank was empty and put the truck to bed for the winter. The other day I pulled the tank and cleaned it out. I have found that someone had already done a poor job applying a sealer to the inside of the tank. It also looks like someone pushed a screwdriver through the bottom of the tank before it was resealed. I can fix that hole but my question is what do I do about the poor previous seal job? I do have another tank in a parts van but it is buried in the snow and will be unaccessable until the spring thaw. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jamie