<VV> That electric 'Vair on eBay

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Thu Mar 4 10:25:29 EST 2010

Shared the eBay  listing with a friend who owns a couple electric cars (I
think one might  even be a 'Vair).  Here's what he said:

<This is NOT as good as the other car I'd seen in an  article on the net.
That one had Lithium Ion. and a 100 mile range. I  sent this guy a question
on what his range is. We'll see.

8 volts lead acid batteries are far heavier, and probably will have about a
 30 mile range....

Then he shared this with me this dialog between him and the seller:

<It goes 34 miles at only 10%-12%. After that voltage drops to around  140
and the car only goes about 35 mph. I have not really sorted everything out
yet and there is more that can be made to get better mileage. Also, this
has 2  ply tires on it. Much improvement can be made with lower rolling
resistance  tires. The kit from electroauto claims 90-100 miles on a charge. I
have not seen  this yet.

OK, Thanks. I figured you'd get about 30-35. Low rolling  resistance tires
will definitely help-but not THAT much. Maybe another 3 miles  per charge
max. What's the voltage of your pack? What kind of controller? What  type
motor is it? Did you use a taper lock between the 4 speed and the  motor?>

~Bill Stanley